大家好！ As a Senior Advisor with ZhiShiQ. I've helped several hundred students applying for their dream schools in the United States, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, France, Australia, Canada, and other countries. I'd be happy to work with you to ensure that your documents capture your background, experiences, and future goals in the best possible way. I've worked as an editor for newspapers, academic journals, and magazines; a writing coach; a proofreader and résumé designer; a translator; and an English teacher. I have a Master's in International Affairs & Economics and Bachelor's degrees in International Relations and Asian Languages. 我也可以说一点中文。
大家好， 作为芝士圈留学资深顾问，我已经帮助很多同学获得了美国， 英国， 新加坡， 加拿大， 法学， 澳大利亚， 加拿大等知名学府的录取。 我非常高兴可以和你一起把你的背景，经历，未来的规划最大化融合到你的文书当中。我曾经做过报纸杂志期刊编辑，写作导师， 简历设计师， 翻译还有英语讲师。我在国际事务经济获得了硕士学位， 在国际关系和亚洲语言方向我获得了学士学位。 同时我也可以说中文。让我们共同努力吧。
I hold a Master's in International Affairs specializing in International Economics & China Studies from the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), a graduate certificate in Chinese and American Studies from the Hopkins-Nanjing Center, and Bachelor's degrees from the University of Minnesota and Carleton College.
My current and former research and editing positions include:
- Editorial consultant for the the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), a think tank in Washington, D.C.
- Editor for the Inter-American Development Bank, a multinational bank with a focus on agricultural policy in Latin America
- Research Associate at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies Foreign Policy Institute
- Editor-in-chief for the SAIS China Studies Review, a departmental academic journal, and the SAIS Observer, a graduate-level student newspaper
- Senior Editor in charge of style and copyediting for the SAIS Review of International Affairs, an academic journal
- Copyeditor for Cyber Conflict after Stuxnet, a book published by a Washington, D.C. area studies nonprofit (Cyber Conflict Studies Association: Washington, D.C., published in June 2016)
- Freelance writer and reviewer for the Washington City Paper and the Minneapolis Star Tribune
To see my writing portfolio, please visit www.emilywalz.com.
· Freeman 国际战略研究中心中国部实习研究员
Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
Master International Economics, China Studies
Johns Hopkins University - Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies
University of Minnesota
Asian Languages & Literatures
Bachelor Political Science / International Affairs
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy magazine, "Charged Affairs"
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Foreign Policy Institute
The SAIS Review of International Affairs
The SAIS Observer
Digital Content Library Fellow
University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts
获奖 & 荣誉
Magna Cum Laude
Hopkins-Nanjing Center for Chinese and American Studies
Awarded for graduate study at the Hopkins-Nanjing Center in Nanjing, China.
M.A. with Honors
Johns Hopkins SAIS
Awarded to 10% of the graduating class based on qualifying grades and successful oral defense.
Evan Apr 17, 2019
数据科学 申请文书 深度修改
Emily offered useful assistance and help me to finish the RL well.
Yupei Mar 27, 2019
电子工程 简历 深度修改
Emily can get the point of what I want to express. She always answer my questions in time and give me some useful advice. Thank you so much!
Wonder Mar 18, 2019
公共政策分析学 申请文书 VIP文书辅导
She's professional and very patient to answer my questions, offering me lots of useful suggestions.
Thank you so much!
Mary Feb 7, 2019
商业分析 申请文书 深度修改
Tong Dec 24, 2018
区域研究学 申请文书 VIP文书辅导
I am quite satisfied with Emily's edits. She not only gave specific suggestions on how to improve my sentences, but also inspired me to think about my interests in different fields to make my SOP more persuadable. Thank you very much for your help Emily!
Xu Dec 24, 2018
公共政策分析学 申请文书 深度修改
Qiyi Nov 20, 2018
区域研究学 申请文书 深度修改
It did take a little bit longer time than I thought, but the outcome was beyond my expectation. Emily knows exactly what she's doing. She helped me added many details and transition sentences to polish my personal statement, which almost doubled its length ultimately. Thanks!